Docker web terminal
What’s the best way of implementing this? And does anyone has some kind of example.
3 Solutions collect form web for “Docker web terminal”
You can spin your own web interface easily since Docker includes a REST based API. There are also plenty of existing implementations of this out there, including:
- Universal Control Plane
- UI for Docker
- Docker WebUI
And various others if you search Docker Hub.
Because you’re also asking for examples: A very easy implementation for a UI is the following:
- install the docker engine (
curl -sSL https://get.docker.com/ | sh)
- Start the docker daemon: (
sudo service docker start)
- Run the ui-for-docker container and map the port 9000:
docker run -d -p 9000:9000 --privileged -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock uifd/ui-for-docker
server-ip:9000 in your browser.
If you want just know what is happening in your docker registry, than you also may want to try this UI for Docker Registry. It is a bit “raw” now, but it has features that other have not.
- It shows dependence tree (FROM directive) of stored images.
- It shows pretty statistics about uploads number and image sizes.
- Can serve multiple repositories.