Docker: How to deploy a vsftpd instance?
I’m starting to try web deployment on Docker.
So now I have now:
- mariadb instance to hold all the data, the data directory is set as volume;
- php:fpm instance for individual websites, which volumes are set to the sub-directories of
- nginx front-end as a individual container, volume is set to
/var/docker/www, configuration volume is set as
-v /var/docker/nginx/conf.d /etc/nginx/conf.d;
So, there is one thing left, I want to give a ftp account to relating customers to access the sub-directories of
So, now I want to make a vsftpd image myself, but I was facing to the below questions:
- How should I set the user permissions? I will have different ftp users, but the www file owners are all set to
- (Newbie question) Should I start the
vsftpdinside as daemon? Setting
- How to set the network? Will that be a NAT problem?
Finally, is there a good overall solution on this problem? To deploy a vsftpd instance on docker host?
One Solution collect form web for “Docker: How to deploy a vsftpd instance?”
I will have different ftp users, but the www file owners are all set to root.
It would be best if those www files could be set to www-data, as this
You also have
fauria/docker-vsftpd which allows to parameterize the ftp user, but that will be useful only if www files are part of a common group with said ftp users.