Confused about Docker 1.12 types
I am new to docker and I am a bit confused of what is the difference between
Containers and between
Services. If somebody can explain a little bit about them I will appreciate it.
One Solution collect form web for “Confused about Docker 1.12 types”
- Image: this is your definition, it contains all the files, environment variables, etc, needed to create a container.
- Container: this is an instance of an image, it includes the network, places a RW layer over RO image data, attaches volumes, etc
- Services: These are how swarm manages a running image, with scale it may be multiple containers, and it includes features like service discovery
- Tasks: They’ve moved away from this with the GA release and just used
docker service ps, but a task is a container within a service
- Stack: This is a group of services, defined from the experimental DAB “bundle” files. It will become the
docker-composeequivalent within Swarm.